Business Professional is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information stored as part of providing our Service to you or at our websites.
A. Collection of your Personal Information
1. We will explicitly ask when we need information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information") pertinent to the specific product or service you are choosing to use or subscribe to on the Business Professional websites. This information can include your e-mail address, name, address, telephone number, and credit card number, as applicable. We may also ask for non-personal information or demographic information.
2. We also collect personal information through the use of offline telesales operations. The information collected during the use of telesales may be merged with personal information you have previously shared with this website and is used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
B. Use of your Personal Information
1. We and our service partners use your Personal Information to operate our websites and to provide the services that you have requested. The information is also used to communicate with you regarding your accounts with us by sending out periodic newsletters that are considered as essential to the operation of the service. The non-personal information is used to compile general demographic statistics, which may be shared in the aggregate with Business Professional service partners. We also use your e-mail address to respond to incoming service and support requests from you, to collect customer feedback, customer satisfaction surveys and other service informational mailings.
2. We ask for your postal address because some of our services require a mailing address so that we can perform the service completely. For example, we need your postal address for credit card validation.
3. We may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Business Professional or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Business Professional, the site or the users of Business Professional; or, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Business Professional, the site or the public.
4. Personally identifiable information collected by us may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country in which Business Professional or its service partners maintain facilities, and by using this site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
C. Sharing your Personal Information with Other Companies
1. Except as otherwise described in this policy, we will only share your personal information with other companies with your consent. For example, when subscribing to a service that involves a third party to facilitate the service your Personal Information will be shared. These uses of Personal Information are primary to the operation of the Service.
2. We use service partners to provide services on our behalf, such as performing mailings, providing customer service, performing statistical analysis of our services, or providing other essential elements of the site. We will only provide those companies the Personal Information they need to deliver the product or service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
D. Control of your Personal Information
1. As part of your participation in any of the Business Professional services, we allow you to elect to receive certain information and e-mail from Business Professional and its service partners. There are two types of information sent to you - account specific information and promotional and customer feedback information.
2. Account specific communications include information that is essential for the Business Professional service to operate properly. This includes any communications describing any changes or updates to a particular service or billing schedule. Because account specific communications are essential to providing you with the most current information on our services these types of communications will be sent to you when appropriate. These types of communications are considered an essential part of the service for which you have signed-up for and you will not be able to unsubscribe from such mailings.
3. Promotional and customer feedback information includes special promotional offers, and customer surveys. For this type of information, you have the ability to opt-in or opt-out from receiving this type of information. You also have the ability to change your opt-in/out preferences at any time, either by changing your personal information, described in the next section, or by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each mailing.
4. Please be aware that this Privacy Statement and the choices you make on this site will not necessarily apply to personal information you may have provided to Business Professional in the context of other, separately operated, Business Professional products or services.
E. Changes to your Personal Information
1. You may update, edit or delete most of the personal information you have shared with Business Professional, at any time when you are on the Business Professional website, from within your Community Workspace White Pages.
2. If you have chosen to receive information from Business Professional and then at a later date decide you do not wish to continue receiving such information, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions provided.
F. Security of your Personal Information
1. We secure your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We secure the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When sensitive personal information (such as a credit card number and other financial information) is transmitted over the Internet, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
G. Security of your Customer Information
1. As a part of some of our services, you can choose to store your customer information on our servers. We secure your customer information on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure in the same way that we protect all of your data. We will not use your customer contact list or any other customer information for any other purposes than those intended with the service, nor will your customer information be shared with any other parties.
2. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
3. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Business Professional website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
4. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Business Professional websites and services or other websites you visit.
I. Use of Privacy Statements by Business Professional Service Partners
1. While Business Professional supports other website operators using Business Professional services complying with these principles, you should carefully examine the privacy policies of sites linking to or from Business Professional. Personal Information that you choose to provide to other websites will be subject to the privacy policies of that specific website.
(Last updated October 05 2006)